If you want to rebuild your existing home then you need to hire some demolition contractors for this job. Firstly, you need to demolish your existing building, and remove the dust particles to prepare your vacant land. Then you can proceed with the new construction work on this vacant land. Demolition is a process of deconstruction of man made buildings and other structures with carefully saving the other elements for further uses. It is undertaken with the usage of mechanical and other hydraulic equipment like cranes depending upon the demolition size. There are specially trained demolition contractors who can take up such contracts.
Different types of demolition work conducted by demolition contractors
- Non-Engineering: It includes manual demolition. With the use of manual tools which are portable like hammer, drillers, jackhammer. In such cases, you need to appoint huge number of labors to demolish the building and they will manually demolish your existing old house.
- Engineering: It includes all the mechanical methods of demolition. A ball with a weight of around 500 to 1000 kg is used suspending it by a steel rope and swung by a steel rope with all the proper fittings attached to a crane. It is a very common method. Apart from that, a wheeled or a tracked chassis is used with a pusher arm machine on it. This method is mostly used for small buildings and not for the big ones.
Various methods for demolition conducted by the contractors
- Non-Explosive method: The structure is cracked by using slurry with water filled in the different holes which are made of the structure which is to be demolished. The mixture of water and slurry tends to expand leading to cracks.
- Concrete sawing: With the supply of high power supply a concrete saw is used to demolish the structure. It is one of the very easy methods.
- Collapse method: In this method, a wire pulling at a high level of overturning is used to collapse the structure. It cannot be used for concrete structures which are pre-stressed.
- Implosion method: If the supporting structure of a building is removed the building will collapse due to gravity. In this method, explosives are used from top to bottom with the help of a blueprint.
How would you remove the asbestos from your old property?
Materials containing asbestos are harmful and is not recommended to remove them with the safety measures. They are dangerous to health and cause much harmful decrease. You should avoid using any kind of power tools. The asbestos containing materials should never be drilled or sanded. You should always take professional advice before you think to start. There is a lot of information on the internet which can help you. You should be ready with all the safety and security guidelines. If you find any asbestos particles in your existing roof and walls then you can contact with the demolition contractor and they will remove all these asbestos from your property safely. Remember one very important thing that once you are done with the removal of materials which contains asbestos you need to dispose of it well using a sealed bag and also should be taken with care for the disposal.
How do you find the best demolition contractors?
There are many demolition contractors available in the market, and you need to choose them according to their experience. If you want demolish your residential property, then always hire demolition contractors who have such experience for demolish the residential houses. Apart from that, the contractor must have a valid license and they should initiate the demolition work with their latest machinery.
So now hire the demolition contractor from their official website and ask for the quote before hiring.