Vehicles are a mode of transport for both people and goods from one place to another. Cars, trucks, bikes are all modes of transport. The most important safety feature of these vehicles are the brakes. The brake systems are installed in vehicles to help ensure the safety of the driver, passengers, as well as others on the road. Thus, it is always advised that before you take your vehicle out on the road, you should always do a thorough check of your brake system and other functions.
You need to get your brakes professionally corrected once you notice any one of the signs from the Seven Point Brake Checklist. Ignoring the signs will do harm to both you and your loved ones, by exposing them to the possibilities of accidents.
When is a car brake repair needed?
- When your car braking system has a loss of grip.
- When your car starts jerking left or right when the brakes are used.
- When your brake pedal grow low, sloppy or soft.
- When you sense a shuddering in your steering wheel while braking.
- When you experience high pitched noises like screeches and squeals during braking.
- The warning light of the brake system in your car keeps flashing.
- The time taken for your car to stop after hitting the brake is longer than normal.
Factors that lead to brake system failures
Brake system failures in cars, trucks and other vehicles can be caused due to a number of reasons these are:
- Bread fluid leaks
- Part wear and tear.
- Breakdown of individual components.
How accidents due to brake failure can be prevented:
- By swiftly responding to suspected problems.
- By diagnosis of the suspected issue correctly.
- Getting the job done by a reputed mechanic the first time, so that in the long run, the cost of repairing and getting your vehicle back on the road is low.
Truck break repair
Truck repairing is more costly than your regular car repairing. The brake system of a truck is different from that of a car and thus the spares are different from that of a car. There are certain points to be kept in mind while repairing:
- You should do thorough research about the model of your truck and the necessary spares for the truck and not rely solely on the recommendations of the dealer.
- You should take your time and wisely choose the truck transmission repair shop where you want to get your brakes repaired.
- You should keep your needs, budget, and convenience and choose the shop based on the key factor, that is reliability.
- You should do thorough research about the shop that you are choosing in terms of their services before finalizing the choice.
- You should seek advice from experienced truck owners in your circle, before making a choice.
Brake shoe relines
When you are planning to get your braking system fixed you should always have a fair idea about how the brake system works and what is meant by brake shoe relining. The brake shoes are made of some common materials like aluminium, steel, etc; no matter what brand they are of. The most common requirement of break show relining is:
- Riveting or bonding equipment’s.
- Thermosetting adhesive.
Brake relining is needed from time to time since during the run time of the vehicle the brake lining gets filled with oil, leaked brake fluid, etc. leading to scenarios like chattering sounds made by the brakes every time the rotor grabs and leaves the brake pads. This problem can be easily solved by just cleaning out or replacing the dirtied brake pads simultaneously of both the ends of the vehicle’s axle. Also, after the vehicle have run long distances, there may be the need to lathe the brake drums to ensure smooth contact of the break pads with the brake drum for optimum braking.