- Anyone can have back pain. It is a common problem mostly with middle aged and old people. A lot of reasons constitute the back pain in people such as: Old injuries, Calcium deficiencies, Strenuous life style, Work involving long sitting hours, Improper seating arrangement, Wrong workouts etc.
- Another factor under which Back pain arises is in women while in pregnancy. This may be an exceptional case but this may continue to bother them long after.
There are several remedies that people resort to for treating their back pain:
- Exercise: The physiotherapist generally recommends exercises back ache. Disciplined lifestyle with exercise yield results and one can experience relief.
- Allopathy medicine: This can be termed as a popular one as people want relief quickly. They may be not inclined for exercise. So, the medicines are different fixes give them relief quickly.
- Yoga: This is an age-old technique. This is popular in e west as it is in the east. This must be practiced under a trained expert. This works well where people make yoga a way of life. The postures help keep their body especially the back in a great condition.
- Ayurveda: This is an ancient process believed to have originated from Asia, India specifically. Back ache remedies involve massages and medicines made of herbs. Oil massages is said to have bring a great relief to patients suffering from back ache.
- Massages: Massage salons and spas have mushroomed in every nook and corner not without a reason. They are so popular because the people are gaining of their massages. That massage, Hawaii massage is a few funky names that have been given for these massages. Massages give great relief to people suffering from back pains.
- Chiropractor: A chiropractor plays an important role in relieving a patient’s back pain – he is a health care professional. He focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of neuromuscular disorders. He provides treatment through manual adjustment and manipulation of the spine.
Specific Conditions Treated by Chiropractors
You must know that Chiropractors use a variety of non-surgical treatments to treat their patients with the following discomforts or issues:
- Lower back pain or leg pain or both
- Severe Neck pain
- Repetitive strains with or without stressful jobs or tasks.
- Regular Headaches
- Injuries from sports
- Motor vehicle accident injuries
- Arthritic pain on joints be it knees or elbows etc
Chiropractors primarily focusing on treating neuro-musculoskeletal disorders, and they are not exclusively limited to the problems listed above or with the nervous system and musculoskeletal system.
When appropriate and in a timely manner, chiropractors pass on patients to medical doctors or other health practitioners for treatment of lower back pain. Their network is great and many chiropractors refer patients to their local network. In some cases, they work together with spine specialists as focus is to provide holistic care for the back pain.
Chronic back aches may need surgery in a few cases, which is a last option. Expert doctors recommend procedures and surgery that are very specific to patients. Post surgeries the patients must ensure bed rest for a couple of months as they do not want the poison to aggravate.